A printer driver which is also known as a print processor is a software in the system. The primary function of the driver is to convert the data that needs to be printed into a language and format that the printer will understand. It is one of the essential software, and if the working fails, the printer will not be able to input the command given and thereby not print any document. Many printers come with pre-installed printer driver software. This means that whenever you install a printer to the system, the driver software gets automatically installed. Whereas some of the printer driver software requires manual installation. You need to visit the printer’s official website and then download the software by fulfilling some necessities. Let’s take into consideration the Dell Printer. It requires no formal introduction. Even though it has gained immense popularity, but still a fundamental issue that occurs when the printer driver stops working correctly. There can be different reasons why a printer driver software fails to communicate with the computer. You can resolve this issue with the help of the manual troubleshooting steps by implementing the measures shared below. And if you require any technical assistance, then have a word with the experts at dell customer care number team.
The outdated driver is the basic reason where the Dell printer driver faces such issues. So to avoid this particular snag, the following steps are recommended.
Try to update the driver manually
- Click on Windows Start icon on your desktop’s screen.
- Click on the Devices and Printer
- Then from the list of printers that opens, locate the printer for which the driver is not working
- After that Right-click on your printer and select Printer Properties.
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
- Select the option of New Driver. A new tab will open, which says ‘Welcome to the Add Printer Driver Wizard.’ Click on Next.
- Select Manufacturer Printer and from the other side, find your printer’s driver.
- This will install the new printer driver updates.
Use Windows Update for updating the printer driver
- Click on the Windows icon on the screen and in the search bar, type ‘Windows Update.’
- Now, click on Check for Updates.
- If there are any new updates available, they will be shown on the screen.
- Click on the option of All critical updates and select all of them that are displayed.
- Now select the option of Optional Updates and choose all the updates related to the Dell Printers. Then click on Install.
Go for automatic Dell printer driver updates
- From the web browser download and install Driver Easy software
- Click on the extension, once the software is installed and run the software to check for the driver which needs to be updated.
- Click on the update button which is right next to the Dell printer.
If even after applying all of three update method, the issue persists, you can reach out to dell customer service. Dial the toll-free number and have a word with the professionals.
Read More:- Dell printer tech support
Source URL: Dell Printer Driver Not working properly