Avocados are incredibly a versatile fruit that is ripe with nutrients such as protein, fibre, and fats. Come, let us explore more fun and creative ways to eat those organic California avocados.
1. Seasoned – The simplest way to eat an avocado is to just sprinkle some salt and pepper. You can also spice up your avocado with cayenne pepper and turmeric or with balsamic vinegar dressings or plain lemon juice.
2. Fried /Baked – Enjoy your avocados deep-fried or baked in the oven with dipping sauces like aioli, ranch, or mustard.
3. Creamed – Avocados have a great smooth texture that can be easily churned into desserts like ice cream or mousse when combined with milk and honey or sugar. Kids would love this and finish it off in no time.
4. Grilled – Cut the avocados into half and drizzle them with olive oil. Place it face down on the grill for two or three minutes. You will get a deliciously grilled avocado to enjoy along with other grilled veggies for your summer BBQ.
5. Dipping – Add a little of those organic California avocados to olive oil, chickpeas, and tahini while blending for favourite your hummus and enjoy the visual treat – the fun green colourmaking your hummus fill with extra fibre, healthy fat, and creaminess.
6. Dressing – Pulse or blend avocados, olive oil, cilantro or other herbs of your choice, lime juice, water, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender and your avocado salad dressing is ready.
7. Stuffed – Stuff your avocados with cooked or grilled chicken, shrimp, tuna, beef, pork, crab, or with veggies of your choice and relish them.
8. Frozen – In a food processor, pulse the avocado, lime juice and zest, pinch of salt, tequila, egg whites, and crème Fraiche and pulse until smooth. Pour into a popsicle mould and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze overnight. Dip into warm water and gently pull the popsicle stick to release it.
9. Smoked – Using a stove top smoker, place the wood chips in a small pile on one side. Place a drip pan on top of the wood chips and a wire rack on top of the drip pan. Transfer the avocado halves to the wire rack. Transfer the smoker to a burner over medium heat. When the first sign of smoke rises, cover the smoker with its lid and allow the avocado to smoke for 20 minutes. You can do anything with your smoked avocado. Turn it into guacamole, put it on a burger or a toast, or eat it with eggs.
10. Roasted – Roast your avocados drizzled in olive oil that is seasoned with salt and pepper in a preheated oven of 200C. You can have them as such or with a dipping of your choice or simply toss the roasted avocados in a salad of your choice to add extra punch and munch on them.
11. Sandwiched – You can also enjoy your organic avocados ordered online sandwiched between bread toast along with other stuffing of your choice.
12. Sweetened – Blend the milk, sweetened condensed milk, ice, and avocado flesh in a blender until very smooth. Add a few tablespoons of cold water at a time blending after each addition until the mixture is pourable. Serve in chilled glasses.
So, what are you waiting for? Order your organic avocados online now.