- Sex therapy startup Blueheart raised $1 million in a seed funding round backed by PROfounders Capital and Calm/Storm Ventures.
- The global sex tech industry is valued at around $30 billion globally – and rising around 30% every year.
- Blueheart's in-app sessions are designed by Dr Katherine Hertlein, editor-in-chief of the Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy.
- We got an exclusive look at the pitch deck Blueheart used to bring investors on board.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Blueheart, the UK sex tech startup working to improve access to relationship therapy, has raised $1 million in a seed funding round backed by PROfounders Capital and Calm/Storm Ventures.
Technology used to enhance sex and sexuality is in hot demand, with the industry valued at some $30 billion globally, and growing around 30% every year.
The Blueheart app provides users with evidence-based therapy sessions to address a wide range of sexual issues often seen as difficult or taboo, designed by in-house sex therapist Dr Katherine Hertlein, the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy.
Users are offered three key options: "Thought sessions", which focus on sexual fears and anxieties; "body sessions", which center on building a positive relationship with your body, both alone and with a partner; and "connection sessions", which focus on how to communicate.
We got an exclusive look at the pitch deck Blueheart used to bring investors board: