The final report will add the analysis of the Impact of Covid-19 in this report Global Vision Processing Unit Market.
Vision processing units (VPUs) are a subset of microprocessors that ease the energy and time requirements of CPUs by taking on the tasks of video streaming and image processing. The technology is relatively new, but due to the increasing demand for integrated technology platforms and need for performance enhancement, while lowering costs, the global vision processing unit market is expected to grow at a phenomenal rate.
A focus on microprocessor technology has led to the development of specialized chips such as VPUs.
- Advances in microprocessor manufacturing lowering production costs of visual processing units
- Need for lowering processing loads placed on CPUs by video streaming
- The growing market for autonomous vehicles requiring high-end visual processing units to ensure safety
- Application in the highly competitive smartphone market
- Need for real-time video processing in critical applications
- Drastic reduction in power consumption of devices
- Complexities in integration
- Visual processing speed is still governed by the speed of the video stream input
By End User
- Consumer Electronics: VPUs are used extensively in all modern electronics with image and video streaming capabilities, such as smartphones, laptops, and digital cameras to enhance quality and processor productivity.
- Automotive: Instantaneous video stream processing is critical to avoid collisions and in navigation, especially in ADAS.
- Security and Surveillance: Using vision processing units in tandem with programmed responses based on the analysis of a live video stream serves to enhance security and reduce the human element in surveillance.
- Others: This segment includes VPU application in the military and manufacturing.
- North America: Growing demand for specialized VPUs, the presence of robust technology infrastructure and an economy conducive to the manufacture of this device ensure the dominance of the regional market during the forecast period.
- Europe: Though not as economically viable as its North American counterpart, the European market is more invested in integrating the current technology with vision processing units, leading to companies manufacturing these devices for their use.
- Asia-Pacific: A fast-growing market, Asia-Pacific is the world’s leading producer of smartphones, where vision processing units are being increasingly used to boost the value of the final product.
- Rest of the World: Benefitting from low-cost production, this device is being manufactured in Israel.
- Drones: Vision processing units are utilized to ensure smooth steering and navigation in drones.
- ADAS: Critical in ensuring safety and avoiding collisions.
- Smartphones: Enhance video and photo quality while reducing the load on the battery and CPU.
- Cameras: Embedded in all the latest cameras due to their image-enhancing qualities.
- AR/VR: VPUs are indispensable to these devices and there can be no AR/VR without VPUs.
- Robotics: Effectively aiding machines to receive and process visual information.
- Wearables: Reducing the strain on the CPUs, thereby enabling additional features.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (South Korea): The highly regarded Exonys 9 series, released by Samsung in the first quarter of 2019, finds application in smartphones and automobiles.
- Movidius (US): A subsidiary of Intel Corporation, Movidius launched the Movidius Myriad 2 VPU specifically for power-constrained devices in early 2018.
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (US): Geared toward making vision processing units for AI applications.
- Inuitive (Israel): The company manufactures VPUs for use in medical devices.
- MediaTek Inc. (Taiwan): Striking a balance between programmability and performance for smartphone cameras, the Tensilica VPU reduces the load on the CPU and GPU.
- Alphabet, Inc. (US): The company offers a wide range of processors catering to niche requirements.
- HiSilicon Technologies (China): The Kirin 980 series is the fastest and highest-performing processor and finds utility in high-end smartphones and electronics.
- NXP Semiconductor (Netherlands): The S32V234 MPU processor comes with its own supporting compiler, debugger, and other graph tools.
- Lattice Semiconductor (US): Excellent flexibility and efficiency are the benchmarks of the chipsets made by the company.
- Texas Instruments (US): The Jacinto TDAx Driver Assistance SOC is specifically geared for the automotive industry and boasts a highly scalable architecture.
- CEVA, Inc. (US): The CEVA XM 4 is ideal for high performance/low-energy applications and is programmable in high-level computer languages.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Reports (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research and Consulting Services.
Market Research Future
+1 646 845 9312
Email: [email protected]