- The Global Turf and Ornamental Chemical Input Market are expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2020-2027).
- Turf and ornamentals are defined as the small-sized trees or grass incorporated into the landscape as accents. The turf and ornamentals include the plants with different needs that can grow in the different preferred growing conditions. The chemical input consists of fertilizers, pesticides, growth regulators,, and other chemicals. These chemicals are essential for the proper management and upkeeping the turf and ornamental grasses, plants, or trees.
- The market is driven by the increasing demand for the turf and ornamental chemical inputs with the growing awareness regarding the proper maintenance and handling of the turf and ornamentals. There is growing usage of the various turf and ornamentals. The growing usage of the IPM practices including the cultural, mechanical, biological, chemical for taking the care of the plants, grasses,, or trees. The IPM practices include several activities such as site and cultivar selection, creating habitats for beneficial insects, weeding, watering, nutrient management, etc. The ease of the availability of the turf and ornamental chemical inputs shall stimulate market growth.
- There is an increase in the launch of the turf and ornamental chemical inputs. For instance, in June 2019, Yara North America had launched the YaraVita OptimumTurf, a foliar nutrition line specifically designed for the turf and ornamental industry. YaraVita OptimumTurf includes eight products that each deliver a specific nutrient or nutrient mix for efficiently sustaining turfgrass and plant health, boosting performance, durability, and aesthetics.
- In January 2018, Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. a leading provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products for agriculture, turf,, and ornamental,, and water treatment markets had launched the high-performance biological pesticide, Zelto. Zelto is based on a non-living, novel bacterium that provides turf protection with a new mode of action for safely controlling insect pests that harm turfs, such as chinch bugs, weevils,, and caterpillars. It is developed by using the MBI’s in-house discovery screening process. Zelto is effective in stopping the insects from developing after contact or feeding.
- However, the high installation and usage costs of the turf and ornamental chemical inputs are hindering the market growth. The presence of the stringent regulation regarding the turf and ornamental chemical inputs could harm the market.
- The global Turf and Ornamental Chemical Input market are segmented based on the turfgrass type as the Bermuda grass, zoysia grass, blue Kentucky grass, ryegrass, tall fescue, and others. The bermudagrass segment accounts for the highest market share of XX% in 2019 due to the high usage of the bermudagrass by the people for their lawns due to its toughness and resilience. Bermuda grass is the cold-tolerant, warm-season grass found in pastures, on athletic fields, golf courses, parks, and others. It can easily flourish in sites with full, direct sun and good drainage. This grass exhibits exceptional heat and drought tolerance. Bermuda grass has the capacity to withstand heavy use and recuperate quickly. This grass has the fastest growth rate in comparison to the other warm-season grasses. It can easily spread by both above-ground stems i.e., stolons,, and below-ground stems i.e., rhizomes. Bermudagrass is more sensitive to cold temperatures. It is comprised of excellent heat, salt, and humidity tolerance.
- Further, the market is also classified based on synthetic chemical inputs as pesticides, fertilizers, plant growth regulators, and others. The fertilizer segment accounts for the highest market share due to the higher usage of the fertilizers for promoting healthy turf and ornamental. Fertilizers are solid, liquid, or gaseous substance containing one or more plant nutrients. Fertilizers are applied to the soil, directly on plants,, or added aqueous solutions. Fertilizers are beneficial to maintain soil fertility, improve crop development, yield, and crop quality. Fertilizers are useful for minimizing weed and pest issues with a thick mat that resists these problems. Different types of fertilizers such as time-release fertilizers, gradual release, Granular fertilizers, and liquid or water-soluble fertilizers are used for turf and ornamental. The time-release fertilizers are beneficial for feeding the lawn over many months. These fertilizers prevent the gardener to remember to feed again at a certain time. Gradual release fertilizers allow plant roots to harvest the nutrients that they slowly need. These fertilizers are essential for the prevention of the necessary elements from leaching away into the soil. Granular fertilizers may be time-release or slow release. Liquid or water-soluble fertilizers can be easily spread using a hose. These fertilizers provide a quick effective way to introduce nutrients rapidly to grassroots.
- By region, the global Turf and Ornamental Chemical Input market are segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East, and Africa. Among all of the regions, North America dominated the global Turf and Ornamental Chemical Input market owing to the increase in the residential areas with the play areas, public parks, and golf courses. The rising development of the sports and recreational fields shall stimulate market growth. There is an increase in the number of houses with the lawn. There is higher adoption of the turf and ornamentals chemical input such as fertilizers, pesticides, growth regulators,, and other chemicals. Fertilizers and growth regulators are used for maintaining the soil fertility, improve crop development, yield, and grasses or trees quality. Pesticides are useful for the prevention of grasses, plants,, or trees destroyed by pests, disease, and weeds. There is the presence of the several market players developing the turf and ornamentals chemical inputs. There is increasing research and development activities for the turf and ornamentals chemical inputs. The high purchasing power and domestic incomes shall boost the demand for the turf and ornamental's chemical inputs.
- The global Turf and Ornamental Chemical Input market are highly competitive with the presence of several international and local markets. Product diversification, revenue generation, and opportunities intensify the market competition. Adama Agricultural Solutions, American Vanguard Corporation, BASF SE, Bayer Crop Sciences, DowDuPont, FMC Corporation, Gowan International, and Koch Agronomic Services LLC are the leading market players with significant market share.
- The major players are using product development, novel product launches, market expansion, and product diversification strategies for holding their position in the market. For instance, In October 2014, Bayer had re-launched the comprehensive platform with new and expanded resources for turf and ornamental professionals. This program would provide the new tools, information,, and resources available through a revitalized website, expanded mobile app,, and others.
- The companies are entering into collaborations, mergers, strategic partnerships, and acquisitions to increase the demand for Turf and Ornamental Chemical Input and their expansion across the globe. For instance, in November 2018, Control Solutions, a Pasadena, TX-based provider of solutions to the pest control, turf,, and ornamental and professional animal health care markets had acquired Bonide Products. The acquisition would provide Control Solutions entry into the consumer home and garden market. This acquisition would help the company to increased access to base chemistries for new product development.
- In June 2017, American Vanguard (a subsidiary of AMVAC Chemical Corp.) had acquired the three crop protection product lines i.e., abamectin, chlorothalonil,, and paraquat. The acquisition includes the trademarks, product registrations, registration data, and commercial information that relate to the marketing and sale of Parazone 3SL (paraquat), Equus 500 ZN fungicide (chlorothalonil), Equus 720 SST (chlorothalonil), Equus DF (chlorothalonil), Abba Ultra Miticide/Insecticide (abamectin), Abba 0.15 (abamectin), Abba 0.15EC (abamectin) and Borrada (abamectin) products in the crop protection market in the United States.
- In May 2014, Agrium, Inc. had entered into the definitive agreement with Koch Agronomic Services, LLC, an affiliate of Koch Fertilizer, LLC, to sell its Turf and Ornamental business for approximately $85 million including working capital.
- In January 2014, Valent U.S.A. Corporation had agreed with the Nufarm Americas Inc. Under the terms of the agreement, Nufarm Americas Inc. would be an exclusive distributor of its branded products for professional turf, ornamental and aquatic uses in the United States. Both the companies are combining their product portfolios into one broad portfolio and would feature Nufarm’s leading product offerings. This would include Escalade and Millennium Ultra Herbicides and its Cleary line of fungicides, as well as brands from Valent, such as Safari Insecticide, Arena Insecticide, SureGuard and Clipper Herbicides,, and Tourney Fungicide.
Enquiry before buying: https://www.datamintelligence.com/enquiry/turf-and-ornamental-chemical-input-market
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year, we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
For more information:
Sales Manager at DataM Intelligence
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 877 441 4866