Do you ever need to capture a picture of what is on your device screen? While taking screenshots on any smart device is pretty straightforward, there are many ways to capture screenshots on any of your devices. Screenshots can be very useful for various purposes. And when it comes to capturing an iPhone or iPad’s screen, it is a much easier task. Usually, you press the side or home button on your Apple device to capture a screenshot. But what if the buttons on your iPhone or iPad are broken? How will you capture your device’s screen without using any of these buttons? If you are struggling with this kind of situation, then now there is no need to panic. You can still capture your iPhone or iPad’s screen even without using any buttons. There are several ways to do so.
There are many users who don’t use their devices with much care. Home and side volume buttons are the most important parts of an iPhone and iPad. By using these buttons, you can perform several tasks on your Apple device. If your iPhone or iPad home and volume buttons are broken and you still want to capture a screenshot, you will need to read this complete article. The following article will show you several techniques to take screenshots without using any buttons that any iPhone or iPad user can easily apply. So, go on and explore the methods by reading this report.
The Ways to Capture Screenshots on an iPhone or iPad Without Using Any Buttons
Using volume and home buttons to capture a screenshot on an iPhone or iPad is easy. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t do so without these buttons. Here, we have mentioned two different methods that you can easily use to snap screenshots on your iPhone or iPad without using any physical buttons. Both of the methods are convenient and will enable you to accomplish the task within a few minutes. The iPhone comes with various features that allow you to perform multiple functionalities. For instance, you can use the Assistive Touch functionality to capture screenshots on your iPhone.
Similarly, you can also use the all-new back tap feature included in iOS 14. Let’s see how you can use these tools to snap screenshots on your iPhone. Please have a look at the below-mentioned procedures to proceed further.
The Steps to Take Screenshots on an iPhone and iPad Using the Assistive Touch Functionality
The Assistive Touch functionality can be used to perform various tasks. But, first, you will have to enable the feature on your device. Here’s how you can activate the Assistive Touch functionality and start taking screenshots on your iPhone or iPad:
- To get started, firstly, you will need to launch the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After reaching the Settings screen, scroll down and navigate to the option of “Accessibility.”
- And now, select the option of the “Touch.”
- And next, go through the “Assistive Touch” option and toggle the button to turn on the functionality.
- After turning on the feature, you can see the Assistive Touch button appearing on your device screen. Now, in the “Custom Actions” menu, you will notice three options, including “Single-Tap,” “Double-Tap,” and “Long press.” If you want to take screenshots with just a single tap, simply tap on the option of “Single-Tap.” Otherwise, choose the other options.
- On the next screen, you need to scroll down and select the option of “Screenshot.” You are now ready to snap screenshots on your iPhone and iPad using the Assistive Touch button.
Method 2: Taking Screenshots on an iPhone Using the Back-Tap Feature
Here is another method you can apply to take screenshots on your iPhone without using any buttons. Follow the below steps:
- To enable the back-tap feature to start taking screenshots on your iPhone, go through the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- And now, on the Settings screen, choose the option of “Accessibility.”
- After this, you need to tap on the option of “Touch.”
- Next, proceed with the method by choosing “Back Tap” that you can see appearing at the bottom of your screen.
- And then, complete the process by selecting the “Double Tap” or “Single Tap” option. And at last, choose the option of “Screenshot.” And that’s it. Now, you can exit the settings.
So, these were the two easiest methods of taking screenshots on your iPhone and iPad without using any buttons. You can even use any third-party apps also for this purpose. I recommend using the app named “WebCapture,” a free utility app that you can use to capture a screenshot of a website. So, go now and try out any of the methods mentioned above. And in case of any issues, you can go to our website and check out the other related reports.