What Is a Mac Address and How Do I Find Mac Address on My Laptop?
Media Access Control address is generally known as the MAC address is basically the hardware address of the NIC (Network Interface Card) of a computer or laptop. And if you want to find it on your laptop, you can get it easily. So, this post will provide you some information that you should know to get the MAC Address on your laptop.
Follow the steps to find the Mac address on your laptop (For Windows)
If you are thinking about how do I find Mac address on my laptop, you should follow the given steps:
- First of all, you need to select the Start option and in the search bar type "ncpa.cpl" without quotation marks and click Enter.
- In this way, you will see the Network Connections window on your screen. You need to double either the 'Local Area Connection' icon or 'Wireless Network Connection'.
- Further, you need to click the Details option in the next window that shows on the screen and you will get to see the Physical Address field and that is your MAC address.
Follow the steps to find the Mac address on your laptop (Mac OS)
- To begin with, you should open the Apple Menu and go to the System Preferences.
- Next, you have to choose the Network option.
- After that, you need to choose the MAC address for Wireless Connections and select the AirPort of Wi-Fi name from the available list on the left-hand side.
- Further, you are required to choose the ‘Advanced’ option.
- In addition, the AirPort ID or Wi-Fi Address is the MAC address of your Mac
This is how you can find the MAC address for your laptop and you will no longer think about how do I find Mac address on my laptop? Now, you know how to find the MAC address on Windows OS as well as Mac OS based laptops. Additionally, if you need to know about the MAC address of your smartphone, you can go through the information mentioned below:
For Android Mobile
- At first, you should open the Settings on your mobile.
- Then you have to choose the Wireless Controls option and go to the Wi-Fi Settings option.
- After that, you are required to tap the '3 vertical dots' icon in the top right corner.
- Further, you should choose the Advanced option.
- Next, you have to scroll down to the bottom where you can find both the IP and MAC addresses.
Know the MAC Address of Your Device Without Any Hassle
Now, you can know the MAC address for your device. In case, you need to more about the MAC address for your device, you don't need to stress anymore. Still, you have more queries on MAC address and wondering how can I find Mac address on my laptop, you should contact the customer service team. The technical support team is there to assist you anytime over a phone call. You can dial the support phone number 24*7 to get help from the experts. So, without wasting time, dial the phone number and get check the MAC address instantly.