The global modular data center market size is expected to gain momentum by reaching USD 65.55 billion while exhibiting a CAGR of 19.0% between 2020 and 2027. This is attributable to the growing adoption of advanced technologies such as cloud and artificial intelligence (AI) by the SMEs that drives the demand for innovative modular data centers globally. This information is published by Fortune Business Insights, in its latest report, titled, “Modular Data Center Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Component (Function Module Solutions, and Services), By Application (Emergency Data Storage, Temporary Storage Expansion, Disaster Recovery, Edge Computing and Others), By Data Center Size (Small and Medium Data Center, and Large Data Center), By Industry (BFSI, IT & Telecom, Government, Healthcare, Media & Entertainment, Others) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027.” The report further mentions that the market stood at USD 16.56 billion in 2019.
List of the Companies Profiled in the Global Market:
· IBM Corporation (California, United States)
· CommScope Inc. (North Carolina, United States)
· Dell, Inc. (Texas, United States)
· HPE Company (California, United States)
· Baselayer Technology LLC (Arizona, United States)
· Vertiv Co. (Ohio, United States)
· Diversitec, Inc. (Virginia, United States)
· Iron Mountain Corporation (Massachusetts, United States)
· Rahi Systems (California, United States)
· Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, (Herborn, Germany)
· Schneider Electric SE (Rueil-Malmaison, France)
· Cannon Technologies Ltd (Hampshire, United Kingdom)
· Stulz GmbH (Hamburg, Germany)
· Instant Data Centers LLC (Arizona, United States)
· Colt Group SA (London, United Kingdom)
· Bladeroom Group Ltd. (United Kingdom)
· Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. (Shenzhen, China)
· ZTE Corporation (Shenzhen, China)
Growing Adoption of Cloud-based Services to Augment Growth
The generation of large amounts of data is propelling the companies to develop advanced solutions to store and maintain it efficiently. The growing adoption of cloud-based tools and applications provides the government and key players to centralize, compute, improve operational efficiency, and reduce the overall energy consumption. This further enables the companies to cater to the changing needs for critical IT power. Therefore, the adoption of cloud-based solutions and services is expected to contribute to the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
North America to Remain Dominant; Increasing Investments to Aid Growth
Among all the regions, North America is expected to hold the highest position in the global modular data center market. This is attributable to the increasing investments by the government and key players to develop prefabricated modular data centers in the region. North America stood at USD 5.69 billion in 2019.
The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to experience a substantial growth backed by the rising number of SMEs and startups in countries such as India and China between 2020 and 2027.
Investment in R&D Activities by Major Companies to Expand Their Product Portfolio
The global modular data center market comprises several companies trying to leverage the opportunities by investing in R&D activities to develop advanced modular data centers to cater to the growing demand from enterprises. Additionally, the major companies are adopting strategies such as merger and acquisition, partnership, and collaboration to maintain their presence that will bode well for the growth of the market.
· January 2019 – GI Partners announced the purchase of two modular data centers from NTT Data and further plan to invest in the development of technological infrastructures. The company aim to strengthen its position in the global marketplace.