A wide range of features is provided by QuickBooks to make accounting-related processes more convenient. One such feature is network sharing, through which multiple users can work together. When you use the multi-user mode in QuickBooks, you may come across QuickBooks Error H202. The error primarily occurs if QuickBooks cannot connect with the server computer. In this blog, we will talk about the reasons behind the error and the troubleshooting methods for it.
If you come across QuickBooks error H202 while trying to open the company file in the multi-user mode, contact us at our (855)-526-5749.
Reasons behind the QuickBooks Error H202 and H505
There are various reasons behind the QuickBooks error H202 and H505. These have been discussed below for you:
- Improper hosting settings can cause issues in the multi-user mode, including H202.
- The Windows firewall application might block the data exchange considering it a threat.
- Inconsistency in the DNS settings or incorrect IP address can also cause the error.
- If there is a damage in QuickBooks components such as QBCFMonitor or QB Database Server Manager.
- Damage Network Data (.ND) file can also cause the error.
Understanding the reasons behind the error makes the resolution process easier. Let us look at the troubleshooting process in the next para.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H202 Windows 7?
Multiple methods can be applied to get rid of the QuickBooks error H202 windows 7. Here’s a detailed guide on the methods and their detailed steps:
Method 1: Changing the Company File location
- Go to the C drive and reach the folder holding the Company file.
- Find your Company file and the .TLG file with the same name.
- Copy these files and paste them into a newly created folder.
- Setup the address of the new file address and then try to open the file.
If you continue to receive the error, you should run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Ensure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks Tools Hub installed on your computer.
- Close your QuickBooks application and open the Tool hub.
- Click on the ‘Company File Issues’ section on the left panel.
- Press the green button saying ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor.’
- It will take a while to open the tool.
- Click on the drop-down menu to select your file or find it through the ‘Browse’ menu.
- Select the middle option saying ‘Check your file’ and then press the ‘Continue’ button.
- Furnish your password when asked and hit ‘Next.’
Wait for the tool to run and resolve the error itself. This blog discussed a very common multi-user issue, QuickBooks error H202. We explained to you the reasons that can cause the error and the methods that are helpful in resolving it. You should follow the methods provided above to fix the error. If you still cannot resolve the issues, call us at our (855)-526-5749 and talk to our QuickBooks experts.
Related Article The Easy Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error H202