Global Infrared Thermometer Market is expected to hold a value of USD 1601.47 Million by 2027 and is expected to register a growth of 9.4% from 2020 to 2027.
An infrared thermometer is a device that infers temperature from a portion of the thermal radiation emitted by the object being measured. High demand for infrared thermometers, due to the outbreak of COVID 19 globally, increasing in the predominance of contagious ailments, affordability, and simplicity of usage are the key factors that are expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, a rise in the prevalence of infectious diseases, neo-natal care, and growth in the geriatric population is also expected to boost market growth.
The outbreak of COVID 19, leading to increased demand for the infrared thermometer.
Request For Free Sample Copy :https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/9771
- High demand for infrared thermometers, due to an outbreak of COVID 19.
- Increasing in the predominance of contagious ailments. The use of an infrared thermometer reduces cross-contamination risk and minimizes the risk of spreading diseases from one person to another. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 2018 report, seasonal influenza was estimated to result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness annually worldwide.
- Affordability and simplicity of usage.
- Rise in prevalence of infectious diseases. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 2017 report, 6.4 million Tuberculosis were reported globally. In 2018, an estimated 10 million people were detected with Tuberculosis worldwide, and a total of 1.5 million people died from Tuberculosis. The use of alcohol and tobacco smoking increases the risk of Tuberculosis disease, which recorded 0.83 million cases due to alcohol disorder and 0.86 million were attributed to smoking.
- Increase in usage for neo-natal care.
- Growth in the geriatric population.
- Shortage of infrared thermometer in emerging situations.
- High price point and Low reach of manufacturers.
- Technical difficulties of an infrared thermometer.
- Contact thermometer: The largest growing segment. These measure temperature using the heat transfer phenomenon known as conduction. They require physical contact with the measured object to bring the sensor body to the object’s temperature. Exergen is one of the top thermometers manufacturers.
- Non- contact thermometer: The non-contact thermometer is the fastest-growing segment. An infrared sensor is used to measure the temperature of an object by reading the level of infrared emissions. Recent innovations have reduced the production cost and increased reliability of these non- contact thermometer.
By Measurement Point
- Ear: These are small hand held devices with a probe that is inserted into the patient’s ear canal, at the end of which is the tympanic membrane. These are significant in speed and conveniences with which temperature readings can be achieved.
- Forehead: These measures the temperature at the temporal artery, which is directly connected to the heart via the carotid artery. This offers constant blood flow needed for accurate measurement. These are easier to use and minimal invasiveness.
- Multifunction: This measures temperature with relative ease. These provide prompt and accurate readings.
By Distribution channel
- Hospital Pharmacy: These usually stock a large number of infrared thermometers that are feasibly available. Hospital pharmacies may provide a huge quantity of infrared thermometers as per the need in hospitals, which is expected to grow in the future ahead.
- Retail Pharmacy: Retail pharmacies are looking for a new source of revenue and an impact on their growth. People can quickly adapt to retail pharmacies as their neighborhood sources common diseases.
- Online stores: With the advancement in technology and digital firm, infrared thermometers are now available online. Increasing usage of online mediums for buying can boost the market during the forecast period.
Browse Complete Toc :https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/infrared-thermometer-market-9771
- Americas: The most lucrative market. The rising predominance of contagious ailments in the region is expected to drive the market. As per the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2018, it estimated 35.5 million people diagnosed with influenza. This also expected to contribute to market growth.
- Europe: Due to rapid technological advancements in healthcare industries, the demand for the infrared thermometer is increasing. According to a European Union report, there were 101.1 million older people, equated to almost one fifth (19.7%) of the total population. With the growth of the geriatric population in the region, it is expected to boost the market.
- Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing regional market. The growth of the infrared thermometer market in this region is due to the rising number of infectious diseases. In India, as per the National Vector Borne Disease Control Program (NVBDCP) report, one lakh people were diagnosed from dengue in 2018. The increasing focus of market players on the Asia-Pacific market, being the developing region with growing awareness among people is also expected to boost market growth.
- Middle East and Africa: The market adoption of an infrared thermometer is less due to a lack of awareness and expense of the device. According to WHO report, 2019, a total of 2494 lab-confirmed cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) were detected, including 858 associated deaths were reported globally, the majority cases including 780 deaths were reported from Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, slow-developing healthcare infrastructures are also expected to boost market growth.