A grease trap plant is an amazing tool that helps to keep your kitchen smelling great, so your customers keep coming back to enjoy your food. When you are running a food business, dealing with oil and grease becomes very common. Proper grease trap maintenance can keep your business running smoothly. But, when grease flows down the sink, it cools down because of water and transforms into semi-solid waste. That grease can create problems like blockage of sewer pipes and foul smell. To avoid these problems, the grease trap plant needs to be cleaned regularly.
There are different ways to clean a grease interceptor, it depends on the location, size, and type of grease trap plant. By setting an appropriate grease trap cleaning schedule, your business will run smoothly and efficiently. Cleaning your grease trap is something that you need a professional to do because a dirty grease separator can emit a bad smell from your kitchen drain. Because professionals have the right tools to perform this job and know the water line better than you do. And you would not want to damage your grease interceptor and bad smell in your kitchen.
Necessary gears for grease trap cleaning:-
- Nose plug or gas mask
- Rubber Gloves
- Protective Covers
- Service Pump
- Crowbar, wrench, and other plumbing tools
- Remove the lid from the grease trap, be careful about the gasket.
- Measure the grease level with the help of a ruler and record it.
- Remove the water inside the grease separator with a service pump.
- Scoop out the fog from the grease interceptor.
- Scrap the sides and bottom to remove excess grease.
- Remove the baffles and clean them.
- Scrub the screen, baffles, and other parts of your grease interceptor and flush out under running tap water.
- Reinstall all the removed parts and close the lid.
Note:- If it still smells, then clean it with baking soda and vinegar.
Depending on the effort and time, you can maintain your kitchen grease trap. If you have a large-sized grease trap plant, consider contacting a professional to do the job.
If you want to install a long-lasting grease trap plant that does not need costly maintenance, go for Pearl Water. The company is an old champion in grease trap technology. Call us at 958225137 or visit the Pearl Water E-Commerce Website.