Plastic bags are such a threat to living beings and is a nondecomposable thing that lasts for millions of years on the land. But, one thing that can be done with the danger is to reuse and recycle it.
Nowadays, we see numerous ideas or DIY ideas that can transform the garbage into such a beautiful thing. Ahh! Such a tremendous transformation it is! One question to you all, do you save grocery bags? Quick tip, get yourself leather hairon bags which will last for a longer time and are economic.
I have a cabinet for them. Seriously! I use them as liners for the dustbin and never get out of stock of them. I’m telling you, this cabinet is filled to full grocery bags, and I’m adding more and more to it every week! Now, I want you to look at what these two brothers have done with those of the threatening plastic bags.
In 1996, when a ban was imposed on plastic bags in Karnataka, the brothers who made a living by selling them in Bengaluru, what next step? Rasool and Ahmed khan have laid a total stretch of 1400 km of plastic-bitumen road in Bengaluru. Polyblend is a powder of plastics. These plastics must have a melting temperature below that of bitumen but should not split on reaching the batching temperature. This requires sorting the plastics to get suitable ones, cleaning it of dirt, and shredding to the required size.
The less utilization, the more will be the unit cost. The khan brothers’ idea led to significant innovation and solution for the threatening plastic bags transforming into plastic (Polyblend roads). Now, this was some scientific perspective of the plastic bags.
Let’s see some of the innovative ideas to recycle or upcycle the plastic heck.
1. You can use them as the bag hanging (for artists and painters) to trash out their waste inside their table work.
2. Another way is to make flowers of them (plastic flowers) which you buy from those expensive shops, to decorate your flower vase.
3. Now, this sounds weird! But yes, plastic bags can be your bag packs too! After all, they can be used as a handbag with not many modifications.
4. There are various videos available on Youtube to transform the plastic bags into rope, impressively!
5. Recycled plastic bags looks so stunning and when it’s multicolored, bang on!
6. Many times, you buy “Jump ropes” from the market for your children and elders for their fitness purposes.
So, why to waste money on that transform your plastic waste into your stylish jumping ropes!
7. You have noticed the dancers using “Pom poms” as their promise in their dancing.
That also comes from these fantastic transforming plastic bags. The below picture shows terrific ideas for your cabinet of plastic bags collection. Whether you like them or not, plastic bags are a massive part of many people’s life. Though they have contributed towards landfills, they don’t have to be single-use. Share your own transforming stories too!